Shaping Healthy Identities through Nurturing and Empowerment.
SHINE was started by Michelle Nunez, 2014 Miss San Pedro, and is a program for teenage girls between the ages of 12-18. The goal is to empower and motivate girls to reach their full potential and empower them to become who they were created to be. The curriculum is a combination of lessons and fun activities to boost self-esteem and encourage healthy decision-making. SHINE has partnered with social services, the Magistrate, and local high school counselors to identify girls who can best benefit from the program.
– Maintaining Healthy Self Esteem
– Developing Body Confidence
– Understanding Risks of Drugs and Alcohol
– Developing Healthy Relationships and Sexual Behaviors
– Learning Good Decision Making and Communication Skills
– Nurturing Future Goals and Ambitions
|A scholarship costs $1100 per year and can be one contribution, or at any amount towards it.||$1,100||Donate|
Showing 10 of 0